What is a 100 ft Drain Snake Rental?
A 100 ft drain snake rental is a tool used to clear clogged drains. It is a long, flexible cable with an auger at the end that can be inserted into the drain and used to break up and remove blockages. The cable is usually made of metal or plastic and can be rented from most hardware stores or plumbing supply companies. The length of the cable varies depending on the size of the drain, but typically ranges from 50 to 100 feet.
The use of a drain snake is an effective way to clear clogged drains without having to resort to more drastic measures such as using chemical cleaners or calling in a professional plumber. It can also save time and money since it eliminates the need for multiple trips to the store for supplies or multiple visits from a plumber.
Benefits of Using a 100 ft Drain Snake Rental
Using a 100 ft drain snake rental has several benefits over other methods of clearing clogged drains. First, it is relatively inexpensive compared to other methods such as hiring a professional plumber or using chemical cleaners. Second, it is easy to use and requires minimal training or experience. Third, it can be used on most types of drains including kitchen sinks, bathtubs, showers, toilets, and laundry tubs. Finally, it can reach deep into the pipes and remove blockages that may not be accessible with other methods.
How To Use A 100 ft Drain Snake Rental
Using a 100 ft drain snake rental is relatively simple but there are some important steps that should be followed in order to ensure safety and effectiveness:
1) Locate the clog: Before inserting the snake into the drain, locate where the clog is located by running water through the pipe and listening for any changes in sound or pressure.
2) Insert the snake: Insert one end of the snake into one end of the pipe until you feel resistance (this indicates that you have reached the clog). Slowly turn clockwise while pushing forward until you feel resistance again (this indicates that you have broken up or removed some of the blockage).
3) Remove debris: Once you have broken up some of the blockage, slowly pull out any debris that may have been dislodged by turning counterclockwise while pulling back on the snake. Repeat this process until all debris has been removed from inside of pipe.
4) Test for success: After all debris has been removed from inside of pipe, run water through it again to test for success (if water runs freely then your job is done!). If not then repeat steps 2-4 until desired results are achieved.
Tips For Using A 100 ft Drain Snake Rental
When using a 100 ft drain snake rental there are some important tips that should be followed in order to ensure safety and effectiveness:
1) Wear protective gear: Always wear protective gear such as gloves when handling any type of plumbing equipment as this will help protect your hands from any sharp edges or debris that may be present inside pipes.
2) Be careful not to damage pipes: When inserting or removing snakes from pipes always take care not to damage them as this could lead to costly repairs down the line.
3) Use lubricant: When inserting snakes into pipes always use lubricant such as dish soap as this will help reduce friction between metal surfaces which could cause damage over time if left unchecked.
A 100 ft drain snake rental can be an effective way to clear clogged drains without having to resort to more drastic measures such as using chemical cleaners or calling in a professional plumber. It can also save time and money since it eliminates multiple trips back and forth between stores for supplies or multiple visits from plumbers. However, when using these tools always take care not to damage pipes by following proper safety procedures such as wearing protective gear and using lubricants when necessary. With these tips in mind you should have no problem getting your job done right with a 100 ft drain snake rental!