The Unforgettable Snake Scene in Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th is one of the most iconic horror films of all time. It has spawned numerous sequels, spin-offs, and even a remake. But one scene stands out above all others: the snake scene. This scene has become an iconic part of the franchise and is remembered by fans to this day. In this article, we will be revisiting this classic scene and exploring why it has become so iconic.
The Setup for the Snake Scene
The snake scene takes place in the middle of Friday the 13th. The film follows a group of camp counselors who are trying to reopen Camp Crystal Lake after it was closed due to a series of mysterious deaths. As they are preparing for their first night at camp, they come across an old cabin that is filled with strange artifacts, including a large snake in a glass tank.
The counselors are understandably scared by the presence of the snake and try to leave as quickly as possible. However, one of them decides to stay behind and take a closer look at the snake. As he does so, he notices that something is off about it and decides to open the tank to investigate further.
The Iconic Moment
What happens next is what makes this scene so iconic: as soon as he opens the tank, a giant rattlesnake springs out and chases him around the cabin! The counselor runs around screaming in terror as he desperately tries to escape from the snake’s clutches. Eventually, he manages to make it out alive but not before being bitten by the snake on his arm!
This moment has become one of the most memorable scenes in horror movie history and has been referenced countless times in other films and TV shows over the years. It’s also been parodied numerous times, with many people recreating it for comedic effect or simply just for fun.
Why Is This Scene So Iconic?
So why is this scene so iconic? There are several reasons why this particular moment stands out from other horror movie scenes:
1) It’s unexpected – Most horror movies have jump scares or moments where something unexpected happens but this particular moment stands out because it’s completely unexpected; no one expects a giant rattlesnake to suddenly appear!
2) It’s intense – The intensity of this moment is what makes it so memorable; you can feel how scared everyone is as they try to escape from danger!
3) It’s funny – Despite being intense, there’s also an element of humor here; watching someone run around screaming while being chased by a giant rattlesnake can be quite funny!
4) It’s timeless – This scene has stood the test of time; despite being released over 40 years ago, people still remember it today!
5) It’s relatable – Everyone can relate to feeling scared or running away from danger; this makes it easy for people to connect with this particular moment even if they haven’t seen Friday The 13th before!
6) It sets up future events – This particular moment sets up future events in Friday The 13th; after being bitten by the snake, one of our protagonists becomes ill which leads them into more trouble later on in the film!
7) It pays homage – This particular moment pays homage to classic horror films such as Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds (1963); both films feature birds/snakes attacking unsuspecting victims which adds another layer of nostalgia for fans who have seen both films!
8) It’s suspenseful – Finally, this particular moment is incredibly suspenseful; you never know when or where danger will strike which keeps viewers on their toes throughout!
All these elements combine together perfectly to create an unforgettable moment that will live on forever in horror movie history!
In conclusion, Friday The 13th’s iconic snake scene stands out above all others due its unexpectedness, intensity, humor, timelessness, relatability, setup for future events, homage paid towards classic horror films such as Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds (1963), and its suspenseful nature. All these elements combine together perfectly to create an unforgettable moment that will live on forever in horror movie history!